Last Saturday, Starr and I decided to have some fun! While getting up at 4:30am every morning to go to classes and staying up until the wee hours of the morning studying is “great”, it can get a little exhausting. We wanted to take a day a relax!
First, we whipped up some of our french toast for breakfast before we headed out.
We had lots of fun picking out our outfits and thought we would share with you all:
Then we hit up target to check out all the pumpkin flavored things. We didn’t buy any, but are planning to go back to stock up! We can spend forever in target…
We literally shopped until we dropped- and we had to make a pit stop at Sweet Tomatoes (Our favorite restaurant!- plus we had coupon 😉 ) We love their salads and they are pretty healthy.
I don’t think we would be kidding anyone if we said we didn’t hit up the blueberry muffins and soft serve!
For the rest of the day we went to thrift shops and had fun sister time! We got home around 9pm and had the urge to make muffins- so we whipped up two batches. One was pumpkin chocolate chip and the other was strawberry oatmeal. Recipes to come soon!
What are your favorite activities to do on your days off? What is your favorite place to go out to eat?
After waiting so long to get new running shoes, I finally made the decision to go and buy some. I love Nikes, but I had to decide which kind I wanted and a store that had my color. I finally found my size, color, and style at a Sports Authority about 40 miles away. I am too impatient to wait for them to be shipped, but it probably would have been faster than my shoe hunting method. Is anyone else like this?
Since it’s still really hot here in Florida, I went to the gym this morning to give my shoes a “test run”.
I did ran about 30 minutes and then hopped on the stair master for 5 minutes. Overall, they were good shoes! I barely even felt them and they were so light and stylish. 🙂
These are the Nike FS Lite Run 2’s.
Breakfast was toast, eggs, and turkey bacon. And of course coffee:)
After school, Starr and I headed to Starbucks for our first lattes of the season, but decided to stay away from the PSL.
The rest of the day will be a schoolwork and indoor day.
Have wonderful first day of fall!
It’s that time of year again!
Pumpkin spice lattes are out in full swing, temperatures are getting cooler, and halloween decorations are starting to appear on store shelves. Unfortunately, this also means that schools have started back up and most college students are experiencing their first wave of exams and projects.
Although I do well in school, I am one of the biggest procrastinators that you will ever meet. I put studying for exams off until the last minute and do not touch big projects until the weekend before they’re due.
So, I’ve put together 6 study tips that I use when I need to study- and study fast.
- Find a comfy area- For me, this usually involves the couch or my bed. I know, everyone always says to find a desk with no distractions, but I find them so uncomfortable! My butt usually goes numb and I can’t concentrate, so curling up on the couch is a much better option for me.
- Put together a snack- Because food! When I study, I get the munchies. Although healthy snacks like carrots, celery, and protein bars are usually recommended, they’re not always easily accessible in college. I find that eating snacks (with lots of small pieces) that taste good- even if they are a bit unhealthy- satisfy my snack cravings. I tend to go for pretzels, popcorn, cereal, and goldfish grahams. Basically anything crunchy!
- Find a focus drink- Whatever it may be, find a drink that soothes you, but also gets you geared up. I love coffee, tea, Powerade, white Monsters, and sometimes soda (yes, I know! soda!). Make sure it doesn’t make you foggy-headed or groggy!
- Write out everything- This one might take a little bit of time, but it is so helpful! I go through my notes and re-write the important parts that I know will be on the exam. Also, I make questions for myself and WRITE OUT the answers. This does my studying for me and helps me retain so much more information!
- Have a set time to stop- No matter how long or short your study session is, make sure you set a time that you will stop at. It is also helpful to have a goal for how much information you cover before that time. This keeps you on pace and motivated.
- Don’t stop thinking when you you stop studying- When you stop studying, keep thinking about the material. Even if you’re just in the car or cooking dinner, recite the information over and over in your mind to make sure you remember it.
I hope this helps any procrastinators out there! Let me if you try these 🙂
What are your study tips? Do you procrastinate?
I have a great recipe for everyone! Well, calling it a recipe might be a little far fetched, but here goes!
This was my breakfast this morning: Coffee (of course), an egg white omelet, and Greek yogurt.
Now the recipe is the yogurt. I’ve looked for peanut butter yogurt everywhere, but I just can’t seem to find it! Here, all I did was mix PB2 in with my Greek yogurt. It makes a great alternative to plain Greek yogurt and adds a little extra protein! 🙂
After doing schoolwork for a couple of hours, I started to get hungry again. I really have a thing for breakfast foods, because once again- I made vegetables and eggs!
After lunch, I drove to my school to get some work done. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate in our house when everyone is running around and talking loudly. I also took my first public bathroom selfie. (I know, it needs work!) Sierra says that you can tell how much a school costs by the quality of its bathrooms. Apparently my school is really cheap!
Well thats all for now! Tomorrow we’re taking a road trip, so stay tuned for healthy snacks and tips to stay active on the road!
Well! It has been another full day at La Spice Sisters household!
This morning I woke up at 5:30 in order to get some more studying in for the two exams I had today. Around 6am I made myself a bowl of oatmeal with almond milk and chocolate sauce.
I don’t usually eat chocolate in the morning, but I figured this was a special occasion. I got hungry again around 8:30, so i made another quick breakfast. This time it was an egg white, turkey, and spinach omelet with toast on the side. I almost forgot to snap a picture (hence the ripped toast).
After my exams, I grabbed a s’mores quest bar (chunks galore!) and then headed to the gym to meet up with Sierra.
I like watching the news and talk shows that are on in the afternoon. Sierra is more of a movie person and always brings her iPad. Thank goodness for the wifi and good bathroom lighting at Planet Fitness! 😉
Since I don’t have class tomorrow, I’m going to relax and watch a few episode of The Middle tonight. If you haven’t watched it, all of us recommend it; it is hilarious!
Goodnight for now, and have a great rest of your Wednesday!
What is your favorite tv show?
What is your favorite quest bar flavor?
Like most days, today has been quite busy!
It is always important to eat breakfast, no matter how busy you are. This morning I opted for oatmeal with almond milk, syrup, and cinnamon. (Don’t forget the coffee!)
Then I had to make a quick run to the dentist. Most people hate the dentist, myself included. On the bright side, I was clear for cavities:)
I had plenty of time for selfies because they left me in the room alone for about 20 minutes.
The rest of the day has been mostly studying and catching up on school work. I threw together a quick lunch of an egg white, turkey, and jelly sandwich with carrot french fries. Although it looks like an odd combination, it is actually quite tasty!
Most people know I am kind of a cereal fanatic, so after lunch I ate some fruit loops, because you know, CARBS!
Although I have class later tonight and two exams tomorrow, I was still able to fit in a quick jog around the neighborhood. (Note to self: Do not go running after 9am in Florida!)
I usually feel obligated to run more than three miles because I am accustomed to longer distances, but I need to realize that anything is better than nothing. Well, its back to studying for me. I hope you all have a great Tuesday!